Our unique Design-Build approach combines a better experience with a better built home
– expertly designed and meticulously crafted to provide you the ultimate home to meet your needs and lifestyle.
10 Year Warranty
Experience The BrightLeaf Difference
ENGINEERED, CRAFTED, AND BACKED UP BY BUILDING SCIENCE
- Utilizing advanced materials, techniques, and technology – our high performance, certified, custom-built homes provide a superior option for the highest quality build and provide an unparalleled living experience in a home that lasts longer, uses less energy, and nourishes those who live there
- Enjoy peace of mind and optimize your family’s well being in a more comfortable, certified healthy home that will drastically reduce your utility bills and impact on the environment
NEXT LEVEL PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- Our convenient, project management app ensures a smooth build and provides you with 24/7 access to all of your project’s details
- Our app tracks your budget, let’s you view your timeline, approve options & selections for your home, see status updates throughout the build, and constantly keeps you in-the-know of all aspects during your home’s creation
FULLY INTEGRATED DESIGN-BUILD FIRM
- The seamless integration of our design and construction team allows for the optimal path to deliver your home’s design to exceed your expectations and achieve your vision
- Our efficient design-build process has every resource you need in house, keeps you informed, and allows you to understand cost implications of what is going into your home in real-time.
All BrightLeaf Custom Homes Come Certified
As a modern, sustainable Chicago custom home builder, our homes are designed, rigorously tested, and inspected to the highest performance standards set by these third parties – ensuring the highest quality workmanship, products, and materials, to deliver unparalleled quality of construction. All BrightLeaf homes are constructed to these standards demonstrating our expertise and commitment to building better from the ground up.
Build Your Dream Home
Why BrightLeaf Builds Better?
Custom Home Building Frequently Asked Questions
To make your research easier, we’ve compiled a list of our
most frequently asked building questions and answers.
Finding the right builder to work with can become a project in itself. Download your builder research guide now to make finding the right builder a breeze and see the bonus FAQs not answered on our site!
The cost to build the home, lot development, and soft costs such as permitting and site engineering as well as architectural plans, and interior design.
Our efficient design-build process keeps you informed and allows you to understand cost implications of what is going into your home. From the footprint to the floorplan, to the finishes and fixtures – you’ll be equipped with the information of where your budget is going.
BrightLeaf has an in-house architect that works along with our interior design and construction team to design your home to work with your budget and goals. We walk you through every step of putting your home together including creating floor plans, an exterior, as well as assisting with picking out all the finishes and fixtures – all included in the price to build your home.
We have in-house designers who create a curated design presentation that works with your style and budget. They provide selection samples that match your style and coordinate access to our vendor showroom to help visualize your home’s design.
BrightLeaf offers realty services to help you select the lot that best fits your needs and goals. Our BrightLeaf Realtors specialize in locating lots that are suitable for new construction builds. We can also build on your lot and provide you insight on zoning, building restrictions, municipal requirements, soft construction costs, and lot development costs.
We use the blower-door test which gives us the HERS® Index. The Home Energy Rating System (HERS) Index is the nationally recognized system for inspecting and calculating a home’s energy performance. A home built to code is around 100 on the HERS Index, while our homes average around 40, making them about 60% more energy efficient than other new homes.
We provide a 1-year all inclusive warranty that covers the entirety of the home. A 2-year mechanical warranty, and a 10-year exterior warranty on all homes.
BrightLeaf homes are designed and built with these certifications:
- Energy Star
- Zero Energy Ready
- EPA Indoor Air Plus
- EPA Watersense
- LEED Gold level standards
BrightLeaf is a 5x Housing Innovation Award Winner. This award is only given to the top 1% builders in the nation.
Strong relationships with long time trade partners who show up for us. Next level project management through our online platform that maintains constant alignment between our internal team, trade partners, and clients so each home build runs smoothly.
You will have your own dedicated project manager and point of contact. Access to our project management app to see daily photos and get bi-weekly walkthroughs with your construction manager as well as all the other pertinent details of your home build.
Better Built Homes. Better design, better experience, better materials. We consolidate and coordinate all aspects of your build at each step of the way with all the resources you need under one roof. Our homes are built better and last longer utilizing a building science based approach.
We take care of everything, you just have to give us input and approve your home’s design. Our efficient, fully integrated design-build approach and easy to use client management app allow you to effortlessly make selection choices, communicate with our team, and keep track of the progress of your home build.
We welcome you to check out our Google reviews. We can provide a reference list to talk to our past clients.